On Sep 7, 2005, at 8:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quick question. I have a G4/1.33 12" with Superdrive. Would it read
DVD+R disks with movies burnt using DVD Recorder connected to TV?

Apple spec'd its drives before + media became popular, or perhaps even
available.

After I replaced my OEM DVD-CD-ROM drive with a generic DVD-CD-ROM- R-R/W drive which included two-layer capability, I was surprised that none of
the Apple products would support + media, so for a while I was stuck
burning two disks: a + one for recorder/player playing, and a - one for
laptop playing.

Why? - media has wider compatibility with DVD players, too. This is, in fact WHY Apple went to the - standard in the first place... the + format doesn't really offer anything; it's just another standard; it's not faster, disks aren't cheaper, it's not more compatible...it was just out marginally before the - standard. Most DVD player now play both formats, but you're going to have better luck playing - media on older drives.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'