At 10:40 AM -0500 12/10/2005, Krow Magnum wrote:
Ok, just because I am not deemed "authorized" then it is legal and ok.
So it's legal as long as eBay says it is and nobody gets caught. And
as long as eBay can make money on it.

eBay just covers their collective butts by what they do. The law is
the law and eBay is not a lawmaker, just a policy maker who claims to
do the proper thing but hides behind a disclaimer and having a user
agreement accepted.

I can find numerous violations of software copyright  laws all day
long on eBay. I confess it would be very difficult for eBay to
eliminate this problem but they ignore it and make money on it.

You can always find people speeding on highways. That doesn't make it legal. It simply means that people can be jerks and taxpayers (customers) aren't willing to pay for police enough to monitor every car 24/7.

eBay is the same situation.  *shrug*

How would you have them handle it? Be constructive now. Keep in mind that your "solution" has to be reasonable - it has to leave them with a viable business plan...

- Dan.