On 12/9/05, macnifico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, Listers!
>
> It is permisible to sell a computer with the OS only. The rules do
> not specify that the OS should be the original one for the computer.

Where did you find that ? The original OS is a license issue, not an
ebay issue. If the OS license is not being sold it is a copyright
violation.

As far as I know it's still a violation of the OS user agreement and
ebay is specific about copyright infringement. There are too many
different OS company and licenses for them to make one rule about
OS's.

> It is NOT permisible to include other software, like M$ Office, Adobe
> Photoshop, etc., if you advertise it, your auction will be cancelled,
> even if you include the "erase disk" clause.

This is the only thing I could find that specifically deals with
software not allowed:

"Software loaded onto a hard drive that is not being sold with the
original media (disks, manuals, etc.)"

Only occasionally do I see any CD's or DVD's included with computers.
eBay does not really care that much and expect the members to police
it and inform them of violations. But good luck getting anything done
even if you can find where to file a complaint and file one.

The erase disk "clause" is a joke...... Everyone knows what that means.

> In more than a thousand eBay transactions, only ONCE did the seller
> sent me a letter transferring something to me. Really, he included
> the disks and a letter of transfer. Only one guy, in more than 300
> computers and programs bought through eBay
>
> Best regards.
> Hugo Diaz

All of this is irrelevant anyway because you can put a Mac G3 or g4 on
eBay any day of the week loaded with OS X Panther or Tiger, Adobe,
Quark, etc..... with no disks and it will not be cancelled.

I see it all the time and have filed complaints when they use the apps
as a selling point. Not one auction has been closed due to my
complaints.

The problem I have with it is i get tired of telling people that they
didn't buy the Operating System and/or application they thought they
bought. When there is a problem and or a boot disk is needed they are
screwed. Most of those people bought Macs with current OS's and not
what was original for the Mac. Many times they buy the Mac
specifically for the software loaded. What happens when the hard drive
dies ?  They die all the time......

--
Ron

http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/