Hi All!

I just subscribed to this list as I need some advice.

I have a G3 500/384/20 Pismo with a disfunctional OEM DVD-ROM drive
running 9.2.2 which is networked to an iMac G5 (1.8/1GB/super-drive)
through a modem/router.

I read at<http://www.lowendmac.com/cwebb/05/1209.html> that the pismo
handles Tiger nicely and through Charles Moore's article at:
<http://www.macopinion.com/columns/roadwarrior/04/06/15/index.html> that
fastmac sells a combo-drive that just slides into the Pismo with ease.

My questions for you fine folk are:

- to run Tiger, would I be better off replacing the lower RAM slot with
another 128mg (maxing the machine out at 512mg) - considering that my
laptop is not my primary machine (just the more user friendly one!)

- has anyone bought a combo-drive from the fastmac people? <
http://store.fastmac.com/index.php?cPath=6>

Thanks for any and all advice!

Tannis