Caleb,

I don't know what battery reset utility does, because it won't work with my
Pismo, but I do know that when I first got the battery from OWC it did not
charge at all for quite a while and then only a little bit even though the
lights stated otherwise. I then just left it for the weekend and was
planning on calling OWC to complain the following Monday. By Monday it was
fully charged and good to go and has worked ever since.

I know the batteries have a circuit board in them, as I tried to rebuild one
once, but couldn't figure out how to convince the circuit board that it now
had new cells installed and never could get it to work. I don't see how the
battery utility could break the battery, but I have heard that completely
draining them makes them act strange and possibly not function any longer.

If it is new, you should be able to send it back if you can't get it to work
and get a replacement if charging for a day or two doesn't work. If you got
it from OWC, they are very good about replacing items they sell that don't
function properly.

Tom