Caleb Cupples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote (among other
things):
>I got three lights and 66% charge, before I got brilliant and
>decided to reset the thing using the "Battery Reset Utility"
>in OS 9. Nothing has happened since.

Battery Reset 2.0 rewrites the battery's 'firmware', using one of two
different firmwares. Apple's battery firmwares may ,or may not, be
compatible with the Newer battery's firmware. I don't know enough about
the Newer battery to know whether of not they used their own firmware or
one of (or a variant of) Apple's firmware. Heck, I don't know even much
about battery firmwares at all, except that firmware files do exist
within the Battery Reset application's code (maybe in the BR init too, I
haven't messed with that however.)

What I'm trying to say I guess is that, yes, you could have messed up the
Newer battery with Battery Reset.

I'd suggest in the future, if anyone wants to reset a problem non-Apple
battery they use the Power Manager reset for their 'Book, and/or the good
ol' OF 'reset-nvram/reset-all' combo. Those should both be pretty safe.

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500