At 8:41 PM -0800 01/14/2006, Amber R. wrote:
I have a D-Link wireless router - there are options to change from the WEP 128 bit encryption to WPA personal. Would doing this create enough of a wall for most people trying to hack in ?

WEP will lock out 99.9%.

WPA is better (but pls remember to use a long key).

You could also set your router to only talk to specific MAC addresses. That way your users have to be on a specifically authorized computer AND know the WEP or WPA key.

I was thinking I could perhaps create another network name and WPA and perhaps stay hidden from her brother.

Not worth the effort, IMO. Just secure what you have and let the cops handle any further threats.

- Dan.