On 12 Jan 2006, at 9:32 AM, Amber R. wrote:

it is a rather sad state of affairs when Applecare Customer service does not understand their own policies and coverage

        Unfortunately, this is not confined to Apple.

To my mind, the problem is that the techs (using the word loosely) are not trying to increase their knowledge. They figure they're in a dead-end job that they will get out of soon. They should be spending spare time reading the literature pertaining to their job. Instead their downloading things to iTunes or something.

I find this just about everywhere. I have to explain to clerks in hardware stores what basic pieces of hardware are. When those same clerks have no customers to wait on, they're leaning against the wall yacking with other employees rather than looking at the shelves or reading product literature so they knows a bit more about what they're doing.

Same with Apple techs. They should be reading up on the items they are supposed to know. Even if it is a dead-end job, the knowledge will be useful in the future.

                                                        Peter