At 10:33 AM -0700 2/4/06, Woody Duncan wrote:

        I have a 1GHz powerbook I've had for 3 years or so. It came
with OS 10.? I have since upgraded to OS 10.4. It has always had
OS 9 on it. I have programs from my old i-mac like Photoshop 7.0 and
Windows 2000 for the Mac. When I open those applications the laptop
automatically opens OS 9 for me. I asked about this feature when
I purchased the laptop because I did not want to pay for new
software. Perhaps later powerbooks did not have both operating
systems on them. I'm glad mine does. I use MS Powerpoint to create
CD's of my lesson plans to sell to other art teachers. Since most
of the world is a PC world I want to provide a product that works
on "real computers".

Try installing PhotoShop from the CD (and any other Adobe software from the same vintage). I got the whole Adobe Suite, including PS 7.0 and started installing it on a WallStreet running Jaguar and low and behold it all installed as OS X Native (Carbon). A very pleasant surprise.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA