On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Kevin - you saying you are trying to install OS 9. Are you trying to install OS 9 to boot into 9 or to run in Classic mode? At some point a couple years back Apple dropped OS 9 as a bootable OS and since then we've only been able to run it from within OS X. For this purpose the old OS 9 drivers aren't
needed.

david

The machine's serial # reported (according to http://www.chipmunk.nl/ klantenservice/applemodel.html ) it says that it was built in March of 2003. As far as I can tell it " is " a dual boot system. The brain fart occurs if you don't have the restore DVD. I have a set of 3 restore disks (+ iMovie 2 (2 disks)), and a restore software "CD" , one will boot and tell me I can't use it with this computer and the other refuses to boot. It gets so far and then tells me to start up with extensions off and reports an "error 11". The laptop has 1 Gb of memory (maxed out) and a DVD Superdrive 1x. I might be interested in beefing up the superdrive, but must cure this non-OS 9 issue first. I liked the answer given earlier about trying an original 9.2 disk and going from there. What I've read from Apple doesn't lean toward this as a solution, however, I tend to trust the experience of people that actually have/use the same hardware as I do.

TIA

Kevin

My apple hardware reads like Captain Kirks accreditation.

PB 1GHz 1000Mb/RAM 60Gb HDD 15"

Quicksilver 1GHz DP 1Gb/RAM 36Gb Ultra SCSI 300Gb ATA 133 17"

2 x B&W G3's (1 is a 350 & 1 is a 450, complete with matching studio displays monitors)

2 x 350 iMacs SL...

2 x 7300 w G3/400 upgrade cards...

7 x 5400/5500's various configs 1 w/400MHz L2 upgrade card

1 x SE...

1x llci.....

I won't be repeating this tagline as it is too difficult to remember or bother to write down. :-)