On 2/4/06 12:14 PM, "Kevin O'Grady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just got a PB 1GHz laptop yesterday, and it arrived with only 10.3.2
> installed. I tried to get it to load OS 9, but kept getting a
> flashing icon even after using my OSX 10.4 DVD to erase and install
> OS 9 drivers. I read an article from Apple regarding this issue
> (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61790), but I might
> not possess the recommended install DVD (restore disk) among the ones
> that arrived with it. Other than this glitch, I am very impressed
> with the laptop.

Kevin - you saying you are trying to install OS 9. Are you trying to install
OS 9 to boot into 9 or to run in Classic mode? At some point a couple years
back Apple dropped OS 9 as a bootable OS and since then we've only been able
to run it from within OS X. For this purpose the old OS 9 drivers aren't
needed.

david