From: Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: David Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Guess I should have tried it before sending the last message.  iCab
didn't work.  I also decided I'd try Firefox too but no luck there
either.  So still open to ideas...

A further thought to archiving transfer: you can get the pics! But
it is a manual job that you might not have the patience or skill
for... You open the archives in IE, you do what I said in last post
re saving the source file. You screen capture all the pics you want
and save them to disk.

Actually, screen capture's not necessary.

In *any* browser on OS X, including IE (I just tested it), you can
click-and hold on a picture in a web page and drag it out of the
program onto the desktop, or into a folder on the desktop. That way
you get the actual image, since web pages can display an image at a
percentage of it's original size.

Certainly, if this works yes! But as it happens, on the two tests I just made from an IE archived file, it did not work. None of my pic prgms would open any of the files. Sure they were from an archived web IE file? This is important. Drag dropping from a live page works fine your method. But, not on the archived one.

Screen capture, of course, is a certainty because you make a new pic in a choice of formats you want. And you can easily tell if the poor practice of percentage resizing of pics has been implemented: just enlarge the font/text/view size of the browser page concerned and see how it behaves. Get the biggest you can before screen capture if you really want to...

As I said before, it is a fiddle to reconstruct the page in another browser if there are a lot of pics because you need to change the url references to where you are now putting the pics... You can do this with Find and Replace en masse if you are careful or with GREP pattern facilities.

David Elmo