On Oct 12, 2:37 pm, "James E. Therrault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> There should be no change of aspect ratio of items on ths screen.
>
> If you're seeing things "stretched," something is wrong with settings.
>
> Like I said, my Samsung played right out of the box at 1680x1050. Make
> sure that your settings reflect the 16:9 format.

I apologize for running a separate internal thread here since this in
not entirely applicable to Tom's situations.
However, as Tom points out the selection of monitors entails so many
variables.
We wanted an external monitor for a iBookG4 and as it turns out the
aspect ratio seems incompatible.

James, the only options I get are in System Preferences (OS 10.4.11)
1024x768   640x480  and 800 x600
The AOC shows the 1024x768. If my math is right, none of these options
are 16:9 .

I wonder if there is a software hack remedy for this?

thanks and I'm very interested in your final choice Tom

cliff