On Oct 16, 2008, at 9:41 PM, RediG3-5 wrote:

> It must not be. I do see the 1680x1050 option but as mentioned it
> gives me an iBook sized desk top in the middle of the Display.  I also
> see the "Arrangement" tab in the the Display Preferences.  The Patch
> Read this indicates this is evidence of the patch installation.

Wait. If you have the Arrangement tab, and you "arrange" the two
Desktops, then if you can drag the cursor from one Desktop to the
other, you've got "spanning" enabled. Normally you'd only get
"mirroring", meaning both monitors are identical, external "mirrors"
the onboard LCD. It sounds like you have a hybrid, you've got
spanning, but somehow the resolution of the two Desktops are mirrored
instead of independent as they should be.

One idea that possibly could help. If you've only used Software Update
to update this iBook, you may have only been offered "delta" updates
that are trimmed down of unnecessary software, such as graphics stuff
that a "mirroring only" LCD laptop could never use. The normal "Combo"
update might have extra software to enable the 1680x1050 resolution to
work correctly? If you've got a little extra HD space, perhaps
reinstall the "Combo" update and see what happens?

> I think maybe this iBook isn't compatible.

I thought we looked and it was on the "supported" list?