On Oct 14, 2:47 pm, Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2008, at 12:46 PM, RediG3-5 wrote:
>
> > It measure 12" h x 19" w  and diagonal 23". My wife likes it as it's a
> > big improvement over here iBook screen.
>
> > But those proportions seem like they are made for HD TV. The images
> > are elongated and I can't figure how to set it for correction.
>
> > My 17" Dell (10.5 x 13) is more normal and I like it a lot.
>
> > Anyway, comments on this proportion matter might be enlightening
>
> Yes, it's  16x9 panel, not a 3x4 like your Dell.
>
> The native resolution is 1680 x 1050
>
> I guess you missed my other post about this.
>
> Go here <http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html> and install
> that patch, and you should be able to select the correct resolution
> for the external monitor, as well as use it for an extended desktop,
> not just a mirrored one.
>
> --
> Bruce Johnson

Thanks Bruce and others for the posts on the mirroring resoution
thing.
I did see your post and installed the patch.
It helps but the 1680 x 1050 gives me the iBook size screen on the
AOC. Very nice sharp image but sort of defeats the purpose of having a
22" monitor.  I played around and find that 1024 x 768 seems like the
best option to fill the screen (same as my Dell setting) but still
some horizontal distortion.

Now I'm wondering at the difference between an "extended desktop" and
a mirrored one. I tried "turning off Mirroring" but the external
monitor just went black.

BTW Bill C, I played with the Hz settings and couldn't determin how
much an effect it makes, but the AOC manual warned about too high Hz
so I settled for the 60 Hz option

Thanks
Cliff