On Feb 15, 2010, at 3:38 AM, MaGioZal wrote:

On 2/9/10 7:38 PM, Kris Tilford at <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:

Also, in my mind there isn't really room for an ATA card in a Beige.
With only three PCI slots, you need one for the Radeon video card, one for a USB card, and one for a Firewire card. If you boot OS 9, the USB
card MUST be an OHCI USB 1.1 card, which means that for OS X you'll
probably want a combo card with USB 2.0 & Firewire 400 in one card.

Well, I think it is not *exactly* that way...;-)

The most important thing to remember is that non-VIA USB 2.0 PCI cards (like the NEC I am using here) will do work on Mac OS 9, because these cards are
backward-compatible. Obviously there is no support for high-speed data
transfers under OS 9, but the card and the ports will work normally as USB
1.1.

And AFAIK, non-VIA FireWire-USB combo cards are compatible Mac OS 9, too.

Yeah, I have a USB2 card here in my PowerMac thats all black and has an NEC chipset. Works fine in OS9 on the B&W but not on the Molar Mac (beige G3)