Mark Sokolovsky wrote:
I happen to also have a Graphite g3 iMac 600Mhz, so I can help here. If the program is quitting unexpectedly, try making sure that you aren't running too many programs at once. Also, update safari to version 4.0.3 using the software update program in system preferences. I have had the same problem before i got my firmware updated, and before i packed in a gig of RAM. now, it's flawlessly running tiger. Go to the software update and check to see if you need a firmware update or upgrade. If so, it will only take a few minutes to do so. If you can't see an upgrade for the firmware in the iMac, try booting into Mac OS 9. Mac OS 9 was the only was my iMac was able to properly install the firmware update.

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml

All of the foregoing, BUT:-

256MB is nowhere near enough to run 10.4 in a happy stable manner.

512MB is marginal, too.

Safari has long been a memory leaker (IIRC that applied to Safari 3 as well as 4).

Your iMac will support 1GB RAM. You can use pc133 as well as pc100, but it will only work at 100 speeds, although it's easier (and cheaper) to find.

I would recommend you max out the RAM.

Ted