On Sep 9, 2010, at 6:46 AM, Iamanamma wrote:

>> You're using a machine specific install disk you need a Retail Universal
>> disk.
>>
>> John Carmonne
>
> John:  Are you serious?  The install disks are keyed to a specific
> iMac serial number?  I bought all 4 of my PowerPC G5 iMacs at the same
> time.  I have two different sets of iMac G5 disks that I have tried,
> and neither one is working.

Well, if that's the case and the disks you have came with the particular
machine you're trying to install on then a trip to the Apple Store is in order.
However you stated you bought 4 iMac's and mention two sets of disks that don't
work, sounds to me like you have the wrong ones. If you can get
one set to work on any one machine then use CCC to install to any other
machine. I like retail universal disks because they work every where.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP