Ugh.  I dread the thought of going to the Apple store.  It's a 2 hour
drive and it is ALWAYS crawling with people.  The Genius Bar is ALWAYS
behind schedule, and I just am not all that interested in losing 5-6
hours of my day AND having to pay Apple for that privilege.

CCC is Carbon Copy Cloner?  What is a TDM?  I'm not up on all these
abbreviations.

I guess I'm somewhat fortunate to have an Apple Store and a Fry's on my route to work so In your case I would go to the Apple store with machine and disks in hand and I'm confident the Genius would fix me up, they don't want an irate customer in the midst of new customers as long as you have a legit complaint.:-) I still think there's a simple solution to the problem, just in the heat of the moment we loose sight of the obvious, it happens to me all the time. :-)

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my TiBook 500