On Sep 9, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Iamanamma wrote:

It is definitely formatted correctly,

I think you're wrong. I believe you're confusing file system type and partition map type? You probably have the correct file system (HFS+ journalled), but the wrong partition map type (should be Apple partition map, you probably have Master Boot Record or GUID?). This will cause the installer to give the error message you've seen "OS X can't be installed on this computer".

When partitioning the HD, you select the partition map type under the "Options" button within the Partition tab of Disk Utility.