Il giorno 21/10/13 18.21, "Bruce Ryan" ha scritto:

> My PhD thesis dates from 1996 and was created in MS Word 4 or 5. I've just had
> reason to look at this ancient history but can't do so satisfactorily. It
> doesn't open in my current version of Word (mac:2011).

Bruce, I have Office Mac 2008 and its Word was able to correctly open
several files I made ten years ago with Word 5.
Thus maybe Word 2008 could be able to open your files as well.
I'm willing to try to translate your files for you, if you want.

Another suggestion is try to use Open Office (it's free): it should be able
to open most Word formats.
http://www.openoffice.org/

---
"G-Group" group.