Hi David,

I'll try to answer that question the best I can:

Every game that is created with Audio Game Maker consists of multiple files:
a standard Audio Game Player.exe, some standard library files, an XML file
that contains all the data of the game, and four folders that contain all
the sound files that are used in the game. To distribute a game, you simply
share these files with someone else (simply .zip them up and send 'm). That
person does not need to have Audio Game Maker, as all games are stand-alone.
However, when someone receives a game from somebody else and puts the files
in the Audio Game Maker folder, that person is able to open the .XML game
file using Audio Game Maker. This means that when you create a game with
Audio Game Maker and distribute it (either for free, money, goats, Linden
dollars or MySpace kudos) others can access your game file later on, edit
it, change the soundfiles, and distribute it themselves for even more goats
or red paperclips.

Therefore I hope you see that once you sell one game and it's out on the
Net, others can easily modify it. I personally don't have anything against
you selling a game you made with Audio Game Maker (you have every right to
ask for compensation for your hard work), but with how Audio Game Maker
works, you probably won't make that much money. Although, I might add, I
hereby dare the community to come up with your own economic system if you
want ;) Like a donation system, or a "ransom marketing" system (you create a
game but not yet release it, advertise it, and when you receives enough
money in donations, you release the game for free), etc. etc.. I dare you
all, folks ... (smile) ...

The goals of the Audio Game Maker project are:

1) to increase the amount of audio games
2) give visually impaired wanna-be game designers a chance to develop their
own audio games with a (simple) "what you hear is what you get"- kind of
tool (at least something simpler than C++)

I am personally very interested in point 1, since "more games" means "more
examples added to the discourse" means "more knowledge on audio game design"
and "more examples of accessible game design for the general game industry".

For us there is no financial gain in this whole project. We decided for a
"non-protected" format for the games for several reasons. One was that it is
quite hard (given the short amount of time in which Audio Game Maker is
conceived) to create a tool with which one can create games that are
copy-protected/piracy safe. The other was that we would like to create a
community of people all developing audio games, sharing their ideas and
games with each other, teaming up to build larger games together. We were
thinking along the lines of this: let's say that there are a few people out
there who want to build a Pong-type of game. With Audio Game Maker, once
someone has finished a Pong game, others can use that game to create their
own version, convert it into an Arkenoid type of game, etc.

Many of you are currently into modding existing audio games. Think of this
as not only being able to change each others sound files, but also take a
game and make it your own. This is something that has been going on with
Flash/Shockwave game development for many years already.

Is this enough of an answer?

Greets and thanks for your interest!

Richard