It really don't matter. You have to go with jaws and someone that will buy it. The main reason why is the computer you are using is not yours. Most companies will not let you use open source software, and will only let you use software made buy another company. Some companies won't even let you upgrade the software after they let you use it. So your screwed unless you have that org or the money to get software and able to convince them to use it.

At 05:04 AM 4/25/2013, you wrote:
How about this scenario:

With no help from Vocational Rehabilitation staff, I find a job in which computer access is required. Now, I need JAWS, and the job starts in 2 weeks! I cannot buy the program. Do I temporarily pirate and buy it after a few paychecks? The key word is "temporarily".

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] More on hardware keys was: Re: An Announcement Regarding BSC Games

Hi Dark,

Exactly. That's why I wanted to make it clear that there are many
reasons why people pirate software. Yes, some blind people have an
entitlement attitude, but certainly not everyone. Sometimes if the
circumstances were different it  might change some people's minds
about pirating the software.

Take for example the issue of how much a game costs. A lot of blind
people are on government benefits and may think that paying $30 for a
certain game is too high. Now, if that developer drops the price to
$20 for the Christmas season it might encourage a few people to buy a
legal copy because he game is now more affordable than it was before.
They might not be willing to pay $30 but might be willing to pay $20
on that title.

The point being once a developer finds out the reasons behind the
piracy he or she can change some of the circumstances for the piracy
and encourage some of those would be pirates into buying copies
legally. Think the software is too high here is a discount for this
month only. Can't buy the software because the exchange rates are too
high lets setup a special one time sale at a reduced price that is
affordable. Can't legally buy the software because you live in Iran or
some place like that. Let's look at our options and see if there is a
legal way to buy, sell, or trade for that software. Bottom line,
piracy has a cause and if we can remove that cause, whatever it may
be, then both parties will be satisfied.

Cheers!