Hi Charles,

Well, to begin with Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Office 2010 are
still quite accessible. Yes, the user interface is quite a bit
different on Windows 7, but different does not mean inaccessible. Once
you learn how to use the ribbons they are just accessible as the pull
down menus.

As to why Microsoft changed their user interface I can't say. I am not
one of their developers, nor am I a part of their design teams. All I
can say is they changed it because someone at Microsoft thought it was
a good idea, and what you or I think about it doesn't matter to them.

The bottom line is you are looking at this from the point of view of
an end user, which is natural, but until you look at it from their
perspective you will never understand. It is simply because Microsoft
is out to make and sell new versions of their software and new user
interfaces is one way they make money on older software..