Hi Clement,

Exactly. The mouse demo was suppose to give gamers an idea of how Max
Shrapnel was to be controlled, and to give them a little practice
using the mouse as Max Shrapnel was to be largely played using the
mouse much like Swamp is today.  Of course, I remember people wined
and complained about lack of keyboard support back then as they did
with Che over Rail Racer and Jeremy over Swamp until a majority found
out they actually  liked it. Lol.

Anyway, I think a lot of people forget what a great innovator James
North really was. He created Alien Outback before Justin and Dan came
out with Troopanum. He came out with Dynaman before Phil came out with
Pac-Man Talks for Windows. He created Monkey Business and I think it
was the very first attempt at an audio FPS game. He wrote Pinball
Classic and it still remains only one of two pinball games for the
blind. He came out with his rendition of Montezuma's Revenge in 2004
which is the very first audio 2d side-scroller with a vertical and
horizontal axis of movement. Shall I continue?

The point is James North created a lot of firsts, and this community
would be a lot worse off without his contributions. Oh, sure Troopanum
would have come along, and I'm sure Phil would have released Pac-Man
Talks for Windows as he did. Someone would have come up with a 2d
side-scroller eventually, but all of these things were done in the
first few years of the audio game industry and James North was the one
cranking out new games and new ideas that other devs hadn't thought
about yet.