Clement, Swamp almost had a headshot aspect to it, but early in development I
took decided against that feature because it increased the difficulty for
players.  The original idea was that moving the mouse vertically would line up
head shots, so you had to center the sound on both axis.  In those early days I
was still fighting tooth and nail to even get people to accept the mouse, so I
limited the game to a single horizontal axis.