Hi Jesse,

All types of audio games can be developed using the BGT Toolkit. The
strength of BGT over failed toolkits like Audio Game Maker is that it
uses a scripting language, Angelscript, that simply wraps DirectX,
SAPI, and other components and makes them available to a programmer
without the extensive work involved to use them. In other words there
is a fair amount of actual programming involved, but that's its
strength. It is designed that way to be able to be used for anything
you want rather than being designed for a particular type of game.

Cheers!