Yes exactly. Things do need to be opened up there for sure. The mag does need
revamping, it needs propper distribution and it needs to attract attention. If
this isn't done then its pointless and a waste of time doing the mag at all.

-original message-
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audyssey Magazine
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Date: 30:10:2013 3.57 pm

Hi Darren,

Yes, exactly. I cringe every time I see a site calling itself Blind
Software, Blind Bargains, Blind Games, or anything else that
advertises a blind specific clientele. I think too much emphasis is
made on the fact that the website caters to the blind, and we end up
shutting out sighted and other people with disabilities who could
benefit from the same software just by advertising our products and
services that way.

I know a lot of the stuff Justin wrote and sold on Blindsoftware.com
wasn't necessarily blind specific. Most of those apps had fully
featured graphical user interfaces, and could have been sold to a much
wider range of customers than just the blind. Why Justin emphasized
they were blind software is anyone's guess, but I always thought he
would have been better off naming his website BSC Software or
something like that which would sound both professional and avoid the
stigma of selling software made specifically for the blind.

Cheers!