I think too thathe was concerned about te fact that we in the US and folks over in the UKhave different spellings for the same word and he doesn't want some editor Americanizing his work.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:18 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audyssey Magazine

Hi Charles,

Well, yes, but I think Dark's point was that the author's rough draft
should attempt to be spell checked and proofread for errors before
being submitted to the editor therefore making the editors work a bit
easier. I know in my own case whenever I write a document in
LibreOfficeOrca alerts me when a word is misspelled or unknown by
Writer, and I can correct it as I type the document or go back and
edit the errors after I am finished.  Plus the built-in spell checker
comes in handy for anything I may have missed during composition.
Point being there is little excuse for someone submitting an article
to submit something filled with lots of spelling mistakes.

The job of an editor is, well, to edit. This includes spelling and grammar

if necessary.