Plus of course you can open text documents in word anyway, though personally I'd much rather have an html copy for the better navigation options it offers, eg, links to individual sections, the ability to use my screen reader to skip to specific headings, not to mention the advantage that any links to external websites for game developers or what not are all instantly accessible from the magazine page with a simple click.

Actually Tom that is a point. Would you considder allowing downloading of the magazines as an html archive? This is the way some gamebook sites such as chronicles of arborell and project aon distribute their gamebooks, and it can be a great way of keeping a copy with all the navigation features that the online version has, but obviously accessible offline with the brouser of your choice.

I know internet explorer and likely all other browsers can save individual web pages as html documents, however this obviously doesn't work if what your dealing with stretches over multiple pages.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audyssey

Hi Shaun,

As for a flat text document that is no problem. As you probably
already know you can go to any HTML web page and save it in Firefox,
Chrome, or Internet Explorer as text. So converting HTML to text is
rather easy.

I would not however recommend redistribution of the magazine in Word
documents. They are a security risk because viruses can be imbedded in
the doc and docx files being potentially a hazard for PC users. Plus
people who use Word apparently are only thinking about the PC, and not
all the hand-held devices now available to blind users such as phones,
tablets, and even something like the Victor Reader Stream that can
read text documents too. Point being I only plan to redistribute the
magazine in open and free file formats that are widely supported by
every OS and hand-held device.