Yeah as games get bigger and bigger I can see the reason.
I have several games given to me which are 1 or 2 gb in size loaded on my drive. And I have the old silent steel which I loaded on drive and made the cfg file run it all from the drive which is 2gb.
So having 20 gb of installed game on my drive um maybe not.
My friend that does play games often loads some games plays them and has to delete and load others because of the size.