Hi Dark:

that was basically my thinking as well. I don't think most people,
particularly younger people, would find an electronic document
inferior to braille. Especially, since braille has largely fallen out
of use in schools and other places the last few years.

I don't want to get into another braille debate either, but the fact
is that it has really reached a point where it isn't all that useful
to a lot of blind people. Things like your Penfriend helps give the
user the same level of accessibility and access as braille labels and
is easier to manage. I suspect the way technology is involving braille
will become a thing of the past in the next 25 years.

Cheers!