Hi:

Lol! Yes, fingers are better than ears when playing guitars and pianos too.

Regarding basic proofreading and editing no matter what screen reader
certain things should be obvious when a word sounds wrong, it runs on
without pausing, etc it is easy enough to find and correct such errors
just by using speech alone. I figure most people don't care, and don't
bother doing basic proofreading which they can do with any screen
reader with or without a spell checker. However, some things I
question if it is just a lack of caring or a lack of literacy such as
the difference between to, too, and two or where and wear. I see such
mistakes often on lists and wonder about the literacy level of the
poster sending the post. As you say learning and using braille would
help out alot with such mistakes.