Apologies. I simply have to take this bate. :)

On 14 Dec 2013, at 14:06, Dallas O'Brien <dallas.r.obr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi. erm, actually, premium hardware? really? .... lol. they give you a
> machine that has a dual core, at double the price of a quad core
> windows computer. lol. just look at my Toshiba machine I have here.
> quad core core i7, 2.4 GHZ, up to 3.4 GHZ turbo boost. 8 GB ram, and a
> 1 TB HDD with I think 8 or 16 GB SSD cashing. blue ray drive, TV tuner
> card, 4 USB3 ports, HDMI port, audio jacks, and a set of speakers that
> shame apple's speakers on almost all but an iMac. and it's still a
> laptop. rofl. to get anything even approaching this level, in a mac,
> would be around the 2500 to 3000 mark. how much did I pay for this,
> running windows 8?  .... 1000 bucks. Australian.

Ooh! Very nice!

And now, for the difficult questions:

1.  How long do you think it'll last?

2.  How much do you think you'll get when you try to flog that when bits of it
stop working or when you need something faster?

3.  How good is it to handle in daily use?

4.  How much do you enjoy using it?

5.  How much time do you spend managing it?

6.  How much money have you spent on necessary extras, like antivirus software
and an Office suite?

7.  How do you think the vendor provides support for it?

8.  How much crap did you have to remove from it?

9.  How upgradable is it, both hardware and software wise?

10.  How do you restore it to clean factory condition?

As well, I'm sure, as many more.

I know the situation is not kosher in Australia at the moment, though this
applies to most of the tech sector, who charge whatever they can get away with
(I'm in London).  However, it is simply a myth that Apple overcharge.  Apple
has a good supply chain arrangement, which means that yes, you often get less
for more.  In theory, they could charge less.  But Apple makes healthy profits
on their computers instead, and still manages to remain competitive with
equivalently high-end machines from their rivals.  How do you think they do
that?

Simple: they please their customers.  Really.  It works.

Mac isn't for everyone, and I realise that Mac fanboys and Windoze users aren't
always the best of friends, but you should use the platform that's best suited
for you.  If cost is a deciding factor, then you'll have to turn the Mac down.
That doesn't make it a bad platform, it just means you're operating within your
budget.  Perhaps when you can afford a Mac, you'll reconsider.  Likewise, when
Windows or Linux provides obvious advantages, like running on commodity
hardware of your own choosing and specifications, those are the clear choices.

Cheers,
Sabahattin