yep, that's certainly true. windows based computer companies, are, if
anything, worse then apple, when it comes to repairs. you may, or may
not, get a fully working system back. lol. herd stories from a friend
of mine of sending his laptop in for repairs, only to have it come
back with more problems then it went in with. toshiba though are very
good. mind you, i've not once had to have a toshiba computer repaired,
and that's in some 16 or 17 years of using them.
almost all of my computers, keep collecting up, as i upgrade to a
faster machine. lol. cause they just don't die. i look after my
machines well, either that, or i have a nack for picking good
machines. not sure which. i just never seem to have half the problems
i hear about people having. the only thing i've ever had to have
repaired, was my old iPhone 3gs. it bricked itself somehow, randomly
one day. so i had to send it off. and after a bit of a problem of them
sending me a 16 gb one in return, in stead of a 32 as mine was, i
found the replacement, probably refurbished one, to have a far better
battery life, then the original! lol. so that's my only experience
with having to have an apple product repaired. and they did mess up.
but after it was sent back and replaced with the right capasity one,
it was all good. and i still have it to this day, and it is still
working. it's now something like 3 years old. lol.
i never did buy apple care for that though. but for my iPhone 5, and
my new iPad mini, i do have apple care.
it's an extra cost, but it covers them for 2 years of phone and web
support, and 2 years of cover if anything gos wrong with them. i just
wish that the devices themselves were cheaper. i mean, i payed a
thousand bucks for the iphone 5, and the iPhone 5s is even worse! 1000
for a 64 gb iPhone 5, and it's closer to 1150! dollars for the 64 gb
iPhone 5s! that is just a rip off! for a smartphone!
never the less, most computer companies, aren't too good when it comes
to repairs. it's a bit iffy if you will get a repaired one back, or
one that's in worse condition then when you sent it in. lol
even apple though, have problems. saw a story about a person in
sydney, that send their mac in to a store to be repaired. .... they
got it back, ... 4 months later! ... yes, 4 months later. that's just
horrible! and the excuse? ... well, it was transfered from one store
to another, and then they just seemed to sort of, .. forget ... that
it was there, and had to be worked on. if the person didn't keep
ringing up to find out where on earth their computer was, they
probably wouldn't have ever seen it again.
so, the only thing you can get out of this, is ... not one of the
computer companies is relyable. lol. not one of them. not microsoft,
not apple, and not one of the others. even toshiba has some bad
stories out there. they are all as bad. it's just that, apple charges
you a premium, and then forgets your computer. lol.
ok, anyways, off to find something to shoot. i'm bored, and it's time
for something to die, painfully, with a million bullets through it.
preferably a zombie. lol.
dallas