I agree dark.
a simular discussion is going on the nvda list.
I have 7 but a lot of the games that are for the blind are old.
I have used xp for ages, and it still works.
7 is a good system as far as its better than vista.

8 though I don't know its ok but there are som many visual things now.
And who needs all the extra cloud services anyway.
So much is focused on touch.
Yeah touch is good but the blind never needed to use it before and I see no reason why we should even do so.
We don't need the extra stuff.
back in the day dos with the blind persons os.
Now its xp.
and still is to a major extent xp.
I have 7 which is the last so called desktop os, and well who knows.
Linux is starting to look attractive except I have spent so much cash on windows apps I will need something to run windows like a vm in which case I may as well continue running windows. I have no doubt that there will be another system a system which is better than xp, better than 7 better than 8. I do think though that we need some interface for windows that is like the old os, desktop, internet explorer, start menus and the like.
We never needed all the extras for ages and I recon we still don't.
I hate to say this, but it may be time to retreat into devices designed for the blind and bugger the sighted. I never thought I'd do a reversal like this but its almost like the entire world of software is going against us. We fight back and continue but there is a point when I do wander what would have happened if I had never gone.