Hi,
I think the concept is that if you raise the wage just a bit, say half
of what they're asking for, that's negotiating. But I agree that this
needs to be more well-defined in the documentation, or a feature
should be added in which you talk to your employees and ask them what
they want.
It also occurs to me, now that I'm on this subject, that wages should
be able to be increased in smaller increments than just a dollar more
or less. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure if this can be done in
UK currency or not. Much as we have dollars and cents here in the US,
are there smaller denominations than just pounds? I feel really silly
even asking that, but there you have it.

Desiree