Motion seconded. It really doesn't take long to tape a small portion of a
game, and about the same amount of time to insert it into an audio file. I
think the major difficulty would be making sure everything fits together and
that narrators don't have huge amounts of tape hiss in their voices.
From: "Scott Chesworth" <scottcheswo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 7:58
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] braille/large print/other media for audio games (was
info games game engines)

Hi Dark,

Well, production and distribution are two separate things. I can only
speak for the production side of it with confidence really. If you or
someone else were to record a narrated version of the text remotely, I
reckon editing that, gathering a few gameplay clips, sequencing it all
together and giving it a quick master would take an afternoon so long
as the narrated version was well recorded in the first place. Any
decent field recorder could handle it if the narrator is careful about
placement and levels. At the end of that process, we'd have an
electronic audio version that could be sent to any receptive
organizations for them to distribute to interested parties. How well
they'd handle that is out of our hands of course, but without a
budget, that's probably as good as it's gonna get. In any case,
assuming the promo text is non-specific enough to stand the test of
time for a few years, it's an extra resource that the community didn't
have before, and that can't be a bad thing.

Scott