Appologies for the late reply, but before I answered this question, I
wanted to give it careful consideration. As I said before, Alter is a
good game and I would love to see it become a great game.

1. Warriors. As they stand, this class is almost as broken as the
Thief. Some of the existing issues with Warriors include: more stat
dependencies than are necessary*, equipment issues and entirely too
many skills. Honestly, the class really ought to be split into two,
possibly three, separate classes (though I understand that this is
highly unlikely to happen any time soon).

2. Thieves. The issues I have with thieves include entirely too many
stat dependencies*, too many skills, and as with warriors, poor
equipment choices. As with the Warrior, the Thief really ought to be
split into two, possibly three, classes (though I understand that this
is highly unlikely to happen any time soon).

3. Equipment. I have no issue with randomly generated loot (I am a
Diablo II fan), but the equipment generation methodology is a bit
wonky. For instance, if I have my Warrior (Ohthere) murder a mob and
it drops a piece of equipment specific to warriors, the randomly
generated properties ought to lean more favorably toward the
warrior-specific enhancements. This is not to say that other qualities
that support other classes should not be included, but that they ought
to be, at best, secondary to those random properties chosen for the
Warrior (or whatever class any particular piece of equipment is
designed for).

4. Warrior Equipment. This is a point that deserves a separate
explanation in that most Warrior equipment (all that I have seen) is
not very good. Most of the warrior-specific equipment I have seen does
not provide enough damage output, but most tellingly, does not provide
enough Armor Class. I would think that a class dedicated to melee
ought to have much more defense than it currently does (barring tanks,
of course). With spellcasters, equipment is fairly straight-forward: a
player either searches for caster level increases with additional
boosts to stats/mana/mana regeneration, or creates a mana regeneration
set.

5. Alignment. Alignment plays too significant a role in Alter Aeon,
and while I might not normally be concerned with this, it is the way
in which players must attain their alignment goal that I find to be
broken. In every other role-playing game I have ever played (be it
pen-and-paper or electronic) alignment is completely up to the player
and the choices they make. Alter Aeon is the only role-playing game I
have ever seen where the game can force you away from your chosen
alignment. Again, this would not trouble me over much, except that
there is entirely too many pieces of alignment-dependent equipment in
the game. I would suggest that either most of the equipment have its
alignment requirements removed or that alignment be made a
player-controlled choice, i.e. no alignment offsets.

6. Leveling. You have seen this before, but this bears repeating:
timers need to go away as they serve no purpose other than an extra
burden on players. I would even go so far as to suggest that level
timers are a form of punishment directed at those players who are
willing to put in the time and energy to level their characters.

7. There are a fair number of other points that ought to be addressed,
but this email is already rather lengthy.

*What I mean by this is that the spellcasting classes each have two
stat dependencies: a primary and a secondary, e.g. a Cleric uses
Wisdom and Charisma as their primary and secondary stats,
respectively. The Warrior and the Thief use, from what I have been
able to tell, at least three stats: Strength, Dexterity and
Constitution for the Warrior and Strength, Dexterity and Charisma for
the Thief. If it were me, I would change the stat dependencies for
Warrior to Strength and Constitution and Dexterity and Charisma for
Thieves.