Hi Dar,
It's Sryth which although it isn't a Mud has some fantastic tools for navigating which were created as far as I have been lead to believe from dialogues between the Game Master and players.
Grace

On 2/12/2015 8:01 PM, dark wrote:
Hi Grace.

What is this other game you speak of? I'm interested to know, sinse I thought I knew most muds with access fixes, aardwolf, materiamagica, discworld etc, but I don't recognize that one. or is it a web based game like Sryth?

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Grace" <ar...@hailmail.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Alter-Aeon

I used to really like being able to get a lot of experience carving on equipment or just random things I found around the game. It was good to be able to go down to the troll caves and pick up heaps of human heads, drag them back to a location, and carve on them while having conversations with my clan mates or just other Alter players in general. I find that myself and others are a lot less social now that carving items isn't really worth doing experience wise. I cannot participate in conversations while navigating around the world or keeping track of what is going on in battles.

The other issue I have mentioned previously is being completely lost once transitioning to the mainland. I have recently gone back to playing another role playing game with a big world and lots of quests that does a few things to make navigation easier. The first tool that is available is a list of all unfinished quests and their location. Alter does have a list of quests but figuring out where they are on the mainland can be quite difficult. The next tool that we have access to is a reference to how to get to any important realm, town, or large city. This has a further benefit of assisting me to understand how the world is laid out as well as the obvious one of knowing where locations are on a day to day basis. The final thing that has been done is to make all dungeons on a grid using only the four cardinal directions. This is really useful because it allows people to make maps using Excel spreadsheets. As far as I know, maps can be made in MushZ however, there is no way to actually explore these maps like you can in Excel. I think having a list of quests and where to access them, a list of fame mobs and where you access them, and directions to places in the Alter Aeon world would be incredibly useful! After all, just because you know where a quest or mob is doesn't mean you have the strategies to complete or beat it.Maybe these resources exist and I just don't know about them and if this is the case I apologize. As for asking other players for help, I find most people hoard information and only really want to help out those in their clan.

I think that Alter is a lot of fun and there is a lot to do and discover. Unfortunately due to the player/clan culture as well as not having the resources available to find quests, important mobs, and locations people who have trouble understanding and retaining spacial information are missing out.

Kind regards,

Grace