Hi Dark,
Well, obviously some games are going to be harder to translate in to
audio than others.
I think bomberman would be possible, and you could be over complicating
it some. I haven't thought it totally through as well as you have, but
having played the original eons ago I think an audio version could be
possible.
What I am thinking would be difficult is games where there are no audio
equals for the items in the game. For example take a classic game like
Mario brothers.
I have been doing allot of thinking about it, and honestly some of the
things has me baffled how to represent the same things in audio. Take
the blocks Mario has to break to get items. How would you represent
them, and not sound corny in the process.
Then, there are special flowers in Mario that shrink Mario, restore
Mario, make Mario Super Mario, and one that gives Mario fire ability, etc...
You have to have some auditory way of making the different flowers and
items apparent to a blind gamer as they would to a sighted gamer, but
not dumb or silly in the process.
One way I can imagine it being done is a looping item indicater that
says fire  flower, fire  flower, fire flower, over and over until you
take it.
That is how Phil did the fruit in Packman and while being different it
was a pretty good solution for that interesting problem.
However, for a sighted gamer that would be exceedingly annoying.