Hi Gary,
I extremely value your opinions. That said I don't know how much of what
you will tell me will make it to 1.0 release. Things like track editors,
multiplayer racing, etc are all cool, and I am not against them. I am
however bound by getting this production out in a timely manner and many
of the things you mention would add to the time in development as well
as additional time in researching various docs on how to add track
editors. However, I am open to the idea of having an initial release and
then building on to it as you said by adding rtracks, different types of
racing, editors, network play, later on as the game grows and I have the
cash to put better workmanship into the game.
The sad thing here is that James North took all the preorders for this
title, kept the cash for it, and so I am doing this all with personal
funding and no outside funding.
You can be sure I want to do my best on making this game, but I need to
make some cash on it before I really throw myself on the project and add
all the bels and wistles out there that can be done.