Hi Dark,
I do understand your frustration with the game, but seriously I have
managed to make it through the first three levels with only losing one
life. I think this is more a matter of practice and timing than anything
else.
As for the monsters killing you instantly when landing on them it is
what makes the game challenging. Take it away and you will beat the game
the first time through. I don't want to take away that challenge from
the hard core gamer.
Not only that there is a technical point to consider here. Ok, asume I
take out the death flag when you land on a monster. What exactly is
suppose to happen. Does the player ride on top of the monster as it
moves around, etc?
If I take out the death flag for landing on the monster what can I add
in to restore the challenge. Have monsters do double or triple damage
per attack?
You see it isn't a simple decision for me to pull it out. It unbalances
the game play and something has to go in to even things out again. Which
requires testing, time, and I am on a rushed schedule as it is.
By the way, I am almost ready to post beta 2 so making any major
modifications like this couldn't happen any time before beta 3 if at all.
Cheers.