Hi Charles,
Halo is an FPS game that takes place in the future. The basic story is
that a group of aliens have formed a coalition and they want to
exterminate the human race. The humans are nearing defeat, but they
invent some new technologies that may prove useful in defeating the
coalition. The story picks up with a super trooper, you, Master Chief
who is using an experimental suit with all kinds of weapons and goodies
to aid you in kicking some alien butt. It is very combat oriented, and
it is a really awesome game.