Hi,

 I think I read somewhere that he couldn't use Force lightning because
of his
cybernetics.
End quote

That is correct. In the new Star Wars legacy series there is a
discussion between Lumiya, Vader's former apprentice, and Jacen Solo
about Darth Vader. Lumiya explains that a cybernetic being doesn't have
full control or mastery over the force because machine components are
not living things. Lumiya goes on to explain that Jacen's uncle Luke
nearly killed her during the rebellion, and after she was rescued by the
Empire and given cybernetic lims etc she was not able to master the force.
In the Rise of Darth Vader there is an interesting discussion between
Palpatine and Darth Vader over Vader's new cybernetic components.
Palpatine explains to Vader that all he'd have to do to kill Vader is
one spark of force lightning and he could short out Vader's life
support. Obviously, Vader, once Anakin Skywalker, had no will of his
own  any more. He either served the Emperor or a blast of lightning
could short him out and he'd die.
\So based on all I have read if Vader would have been able to use force
lightning, if at all, it would have likely killed him by disrupting or
damaging his cybernetic  systems. If Lumiya is right and mechanical
parts effect the use of the force Vader was truly screwed. one hand was
lost when Count Duku cut it off in Attack Of the Clones, and Obi-wan
basically finished the job by chopping his legs off, and he lost part of
one of his armes before Obi-Wan knocked him into the lava pit.
Basically, when Palpatine and the Storm Troopers came to collect him
there wasn't much left that was organic.