The landmines play in sync with one another. This makes it difficult
to distinguish individual landmines especially when they are placed as
close together as they are in level 1 act 3.  Perhaps staggering some
of the mine sounds (or jumping to a different position) would make it
more apparent that there are actually lots of mines within a small
area.