Ah Tom, funny you mention double dragon.

now i think about it i was playing double dragon and International Karate pluss at the age of 5 on our old amstrad computer, ---- before I lost the sight of my right eye, I only mention mortal combat because I remember the huge controversy when it was released and the removal of all the blood from the Snes version (well, it actually stil has blood, the blood is merely coloured grey), which I found confusing at the time sinse the violence in the original Mk is more cartoon gore than anything else anbd not worse than you'd see in Tom and Gerry.

of course, depending upon how much of a twisted evil psycho people think i am now, that might influence what they think of children playing so called violent games. grin!

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 action game, my opinion.

Hi Dark,
Yeah, I have to agree. Setting the age limit at 14 and up is a bit too strict for this title. At around 6 or 7 I was playing Montezuma's Revenge. I was about 9 or so when games like Double Dragon, Megaman, Mario Brothers, etc really became popular. My mom and dad had no problem with me playing those games. Not even Castlevania I which featured mummies, skeletons, the Grim Reaper, and other sci-fi and horror monsters. Compared to the games out today this game would be given an E for Everyone rating and not a T or Teen rating.

dark wrote:
Well, saying 14 is a bit much.

I myself watched films like aliens, terminator and robocop and played games like Mortal combat and moon stone at the age of 10, ---- heck, I playes treetfighter 2 at the age of 8.

i'm not saying that games, films etc shouldn't have ratings, ---- just that being too strict about it and the audience and markinting isn't too helpful.