well I am quite lucky.
I have hal for school then upgraded it myself from v2 to v4 then v5 then v5.22 making that mine.
courses at uni got me jaws which still belongs to the agency that did it.
However thats gona change.
once I spend the 1200 to upgrade it to 11 or whatever whenever that too will be mine. Not that they would care but I like making things that were not meant to be mine for ever mine just by changing the purchice of extra upgrades. All those agency rules suddenly if it doesn't apply to anything but what I have supplied then its mine.
My laptop is mine though it was expensive.
worth every penny though.
I have had this  system for 4 years without a reformat.
I reformatted it this year.
And its running fine again.
During these 4 years of having the system I made various mistakes.
All of which I hopefully have corrected.
Now when the system dies depending on my situation, I will either replace it with another xp laptop assuming xp still exists, get a win7 laptop, or if my situation is the same as it is now I probably can grab another xp desktop.
There are 2 possibilities going on that score.
However it does mean I will loose my fast speeds.