To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Short Mysteries of the Sith Preview

Hi Phil,

Hmmm...Well, I can definitely tell you that there are more than one
saber attack sound and they are randomized. That said, they do sound a
lot alike and if you aren't listening carefully it does sound like the
same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should check my saber sounds
for a better variety of attack sounds to make them a little more
destinct.

As for being mono no way. All of the saber sounds are 44100 KHZ 16
-bit stereo. However, I didn't pan them or anything like that. In fact
that's one of the issues I'm working on. I want to be able to use the
mouse for controlling the light saber, swinging left/right and
up/down, which would make it more realistic. problem is I know a lot
of people here will probably want to use their keyboard so I'd likely
have to add some kind of randomizer so when you press space it just
selects a position and swings left, right, up, down, etc at random if
using a keyboard only. Any thoughts?

Hi Thomas,
I think the quality of the light saber is good but it sounds like it is in
mono and uses the same file for each attack.
I think a stereo sound that sweeps across from side to side as you swing the
weapon is what people are expecting.
If several different light saber sounds are played at random then it would
sound more realistic.
Phil

-----
No virus found in this message.