Hi Jim,

Well, in that way we are a lot alike. Although, I'm on facebook, am on
instant messenger, etc I generally don't do that while playing games
too. I tend to do one thing at a time. If I'm chatting on AIM I'm
chatting on AIM. If I'm chatting on facebook I'm chatting on facebook.
If I'm playing a game that's probably all I'm doing at the time. So
have never really had a need to have a screen reader running while the
game is running. However, I have set up the input system to disable
DirectInput when the window doesn't have focus to allow those people
who like to multitask too play the game and switch between other
applications as well.  However, personally I've never found it that
big a deal.

Smile.